I actually started my low-impact week (yes, I’ve decided to take it a week at a time, because realistic goals, you know?) and I’m happy with my results so far. I mean, its a start.
Here’s my trash list for today:
- 1 tin can of bangus, because I didn’t have time to cook my protein source, though my veggies, I cooked from scratch. I cooked us a quickie chop suey, which was my lunch baon, and daughter’s dinner.
- 3 sheets of paper towels (because oil splatters are icky to wipe up with cloth towels)
- 1 500ml PET bottle (because I forgot to bring my water bottle)
- A small amount of wet trash from yesterday’s and today’s meals
- 1 small plastic wrapper which my LifePak vitamins come in
- 1 plastic packaging which my protein shake comes in (can’t do anything about this yet. Need to finish up my stock)
Amount spent today:
- PhP5.00 (USD0.10) for half a cup of rice
Not bad, huh?
I was tempted to get iced coffee from Starbucks but was able to contain myself. Instead, I mixed up coffee, creamer and a drizzle of caramel syrup I got as a gift last Christmas, put it in my reusable Starbucks cup, stuck it in the freezer and was good to go.
Good job, me. Maybe tomorrow will be easier.